Posts for tag: General Dentist
We all need a general dentist. They are our primary dental care providers. At Knutson Family Dentistry, you have three general dentists to choose from Drs. Matthew Knutson, Richard Knutson, and Brandon Jensen. So, why do you need a general dentist? This dentist diagnoses, treats and manages all your needs, like gum care, root canals, fillings, crowns, veneers, and bridges. Your Vermillion, SD, can even refer you to a specialist if need be.
General Dentist Services
- Oral Cancer Screenings: Your dentist examines the inside of your mouth for red or white patches and/or mouth sores. The dentist uses gloved hands to feel the tissue in your mouth to check for abnormalities.
- Orthodontic treatment (Invisalign): Many adults need braces but would like to straighten their teeth discreetly. Invisalign realigns crooked teeth to improve your smile and prevent food from getting stuck in hard-to-clean areas.
- Restoration of Dental Implants: A dental implant replaces missing tooth roots and reinforces the jawbone. Sometimes, like any natural tooth or oral appliance, the crown of the dental implant may be damaged. At Vermillion, your general dentist can fix this issue.
- Fluoride Treatments: Fluoride helps protect teeth against cavities getting bigger or manifesting at all. Fluoride, a naturally occurring mineral, can be applied as a gel, foam, or varnish on teeth. People can also take fluoride supplements if that works better for them.
- Sealants: This is a great preventative measure for children. Your general dentist applies a layer of sealant on your child's teeth to create a barrier between your teeth and food to protect teeth from cavities.
Need a consultation?
If you'd like to learn more about what your general dentist can do for you, don't hesitate to call Knutson Family Dentistry at (605) 857-8008. Drs. Matthew Knutson, Richard Knutson, and Brandon Jensen of Vermillion, SD, will be happy to help.