Improving your smile is easier than ever, thanks to a range of effective cosmetic dentistry options. Your Vermillion general dentists, Dr. Matthew Knutson, Dr. Richard Knutson, and Dr. Brandon Jensen can help you choose the perfect option for your smile.
Transforming your smile with cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry treatments can improve the appearance of your smile, repair damage and restore missing teeth. Common cosmetic dentistry options include:
- Teeth Whitening: Over-the-counter whiteners aren't always strong enough to get rid of stains that dull your teeth. After a teeth whitening session, your teeth may be three to eight shades lighter. Whitening only takes about an hour and offers impressive results.
- Bonding: Bonding involves adding flexible composite resin to your teeth to repair chips and cracks, lengthen short teeth, close gaps, cover discolorations or improve the shape. The bonding material is hardened with a curing light and becomes just as strong as your natural tooth enamel.
- Veneers: Veneers are tooth-shaped plastic or porcelain shells cemented to the fronts of teeth. The wafer-thin restorations conceal discolorations, imperfections and minor damage and can also be used to extend the length or appearance of your teeth.
- Dental Implants: Is your smile a little less full these days due to tooth loss? Dental implants fill the gaps in your smile and offer the only way to completely restore missing teeth. Implants serve as synthetic roots and are attached to dental crowns that restore the top parts of your teeth. Your new implants bond to your jawbone and become just as strong as your natural tooth roots.
- Clear Aligners: Clear aligners offer a subtle way to straighten your smile. The removable aligners are custom-designed for you and fit snugly over your top and bottom teeth. Aligners are removed when you eat, brush and floss and are usually worn for about 22 hours per day. You'll receive a series of aligners and will wear each set in the series for two weeks.
Enhance your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Call your general dentists in Vermillion Dr. Matthew Knutson, Dr. Richard Knutson, or Dr. Brandon Jensen, at (605) 857-8008 to schedule your appointment.