How your general dentist in Vermillion, SD, can keep your smile healthy.
It’s easy to procrastinate and delay your dental care, but it’s the wrong thing to do. That’s because dental problems can get away from you. A small, easily treatable dental issue can become a major dental problem. It’s important to recognize when you need to see a dentist.
Drs. Matthew and Richard Knutson, and Dr. Brandon Jensen of Knutson Family Dentistry in Vermillion, SD, offer full-service dentistry to keep your smile healthy.
Let’s take a look at 5 signs it’s time to see a dentist:
- You can’t remember when you last visited your dentist. If you can’t remember when you last had a dental appointment, chances are it’s been too long. It’s time to come back in for a dental exam and x-rays at least.
- Your gums bleed a little when you brush, floss, or eat. Bleeding is an early sign of gum disease, and if it goes untreated, gum disease can become periodontal disease and you can lose teeth. It’s time for a professional dental cleaning.
- You frequently experience tooth pain. Dental pain could be a sign of tooth decay, which should be treated as soon as possible. Untreated tooth decay can turn into the need for a root canal.
- You have lost teeth. If you are living with an incomplete smile, it affects your chewing ability, your self-esteem, and your self-confidence. Your dentist can offer a wide variety of tooth replacement options, so you can get your smile back.
- You want to improve your smile. Dentistry isn’t just about fillings. Cosmetic dentistry can make your smile more beautiful. Your dentist can introduce you to a wide variety of services, including teeth whitening, bonding, and veneers, to give you a smile you will love to show off.
To protect your smile, it’s time to see your dentist. To find out more about how your dentist can help you keep a healthy smile, call Drs. Matthew and Richard Knutson, and Dr. Brandon Jensen of Knutson Family Dentistry in Vermillion, SD, at (605) 857-8008. Call today.